BALTISTHAN – TURTUK VALLEY
The Village offers view of beautiful valley part of the Shyok Valley, “An encounter with the King of the Turtuk Valley, a border village near Gilgit-Baltistan”.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Medium Group
Turtuk is a village in the Leh District of Jammu and Kashmir, India. It is located in the Nubra Tehsil, 205km from the Leh town, on the banks of The Shyok River. Turtuk gram panchayat is the northern most Village of India. Turtuk was under Pakistan's control until 1971, after which India gained control of this strategic area. It is predominantly a Muslim village, and residents speak languages including Balti, Ladakhi and Urdu. Turtuk is the last outpost in India after which the Pakistan-controlled Gilgit-Baltistan begins. Turtuk is one of the gateways to the Siachen glacier.
The Program Highlights of:
- Valley Walk
- Glacier Visit
Trip Facts :
Best Season: May To October
Trip Type: Safari
Batch Size:12 Persons
Trip Duration: 07 Night / 08 Days
Trip Grade: Moderate
- 07 Night’s accommodation on twin sharing basis
- Meals on MAP (Breakfast & Dinner)
- All transportation by non A/C Innova/Tempo Traveller/ Xylo / Scorpio
- Inner line permits, Environmental fees and wild life fees.
- Toll & parking
- Monuments and museums entrance fees
- Any kind of personal expenses or optional tours/ extra meals ordered. Anything not specifically mentioned under the prices include
- Oxygen Cylinder, Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls any kind of drinks [Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated] Optional activities like Rafting and Double Hump Camel Riding.
Arrival Leh (Alt: 11500 / 3505 M) - Acclimatization / Orientation
Arrive Leh by morning flight and transfer to the hotel. After welcome drink / breakfast at the hotel, take complete rest for acclimatization to the high altitude of Ladakh. In the late afternoon visit the city centre and walk through the old markets for general orientation. Over night stay at the hotel.
In Leh: Visit Monasteries & Palaces / 80kms / 4-5 hours
After breakfast, proceed on sightseeing tour of Leh Palace. After Lunch on the way back to Leh visit Hall of Fame & Shanti Stupa. Over night stay at the hotel in Leh.
Leh- Khardung-La - Nubra Valley
After breakfast leave for Nubra Valley, driving across Khardung-La (alt: 18,380 ft.), highest motorable pass in the world. The pass offers spectacular views of the Zanskar range across the Indus Valley in the south, and the Saser massif in the north. Reach Diskit / Hunder in the afternoon and check-in at your camp / hotel. Rest at leisure to explore Hundar and the white Sand Dunes where you can enjoy a short camel Safari on the double-humped Bactrian Camel found here (optional, on direct payment). Over night stay in camp / hotel at Hunder / Deskit.
Nubra to Turtuk Valley(80 kms apprx.)
After breakfast drive to Turtuk village. Turtuk village is a last village of Ladakh & nearest to Pakistan border. Where you can explore Turtuk village full day & over night stay at Turtuk.
Turtuk to Leh
After breakfast drive back to Leh via Khardung-La pass (alt: 18,380 ft.), highest motor able pass in the world, on the way visit Diskit Monastery and then evening free followed by Dinner & over night stay at hotel in Leh.
Leh to Pangong Lake
After early breakfast leave for Pangong Lake via Chang-La pass (alt: 17370 ft./ 5486 meters), 3rd highest motorable pass in the world. Pangong Lake (alt: 14,500 ft.), largest brackish water lake of Asia, is 4-5kms wide and about 135kms long of which two-third portion lies on the other side of the Indo-China border. After sightseeing around the lake and followed with dinner. Over night stay at the camp.
Pangong lake to Leh [150kms]
After breakfast drive back to Leh through Chang-La Pass & also visit Hemis Monastery, biggest and richest monastery in Ladakh. After lunch visit the 12-storied Thicksey Monastery dating from the 16th century, and then to Shey Palace (with its associated Gompa housing the gigantic copper-gilt statue of the Buddha) Over night stay in Leh.
Transfer to Leh airport
Move in souls ensures punctual transfer to your onward journey. Baltistan – Turtuk Valley event ends here.
|Destination||Proposed Hotels ( Deluxe & Standard)|
|Leh||Hotel Kartok, The Palace, Alpine villa, Ladakh Inn, Munshi, Ladakh Heaven, Ladakh Continental, or Similar|
|Nubra Valley||Royal Desert Camp, Grand Nubra, Olthang Hotel, or similar|
|Turtuk||Habib Guest house, Maha Guest house or similar|
|Pangong||Pangong Resort, Holiday Shore camp, Pangong Holiday, Royal Camp or similar in Pangong|
- Loose clothing with full sleeves two pairs
- Writing material
- Thick Pullover (2 number)
- Antiseptic / Sunburn cream
- Knee cap & band – aid
- Torch with spare cells.
- Sports shoes
- Water bottle
- Sun hat
- Snow/Sun goggles
- Cotton Thermal Inners
- Monkey Cap, Muffler, Hand Gloves, Socks (All woollen), Cotton Socks
- Personal Medicine Kit
- Waist Pouch
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, road blocks and / or any factors beyond control.
- In case of changes in routes and properties, company will accept no liability but make arrangements for substitution of equal measure.
- In case of accident, illness, injury or miss happening, Company will accept no liability or its staff wholly or partially, responsible for the same.
- In case of Loss or Damage of equipment’s issued participant has to pay the cost for the same.