FRIENDSHIP PEAK TREKKING
The mix of great Himalayan Ranges, Dhauladhar Ranges & Pir Pinjal Ranges is the highlight of Friendship Peak Trekking.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Tough
Group Size Medium Group
The trek starts from Manali town towards to the north of Manali (Solang valley side). Solang valley is very famous place for skiing and paragliding. This place also has a ski center with a small gondola (lift). In winter many tourists from India and as well as from abroad came here for fun and skiing. And Beas Kund serves at the base camp for climbers going up to Mount Hanuman Tibba 5932 m, Laddakhi, Kullu, Manali, Friendship, Makarbeh (6069 m) and Shikerbeh (6200 m). Beas Kund area belongs to saint “Beas” and it is a holy place too.
The Program Highlights of:
Trek Facts :
Best Season: June To October
Area: Manali, Solang Valley, Dhundi Beas Kund and friendship Glaciers
Trip Type: Trekking
Batch Size: 10 Persons
Trip Duration: 05 Nights / 06 Days
Trip Grade: Difficult
Highest Points: Altitude 5090 meter
- Transport: From Manali hotel to trekking point and Return.
- Meals while on trek (Veg./Non-veg).
- All necessary entry fees and permits.
- Accommodation in Manali camp/hotel on Double and Triple sharing basis with meals-fixed menu. Camp stay during Trek.
- Solar lights and fire in the dinning and socializing room, common toilet facility, Bucket water for washing etc.
- Qualified & mountaineering certified trek Leader, Guide and Support staff.
- Emergency Backup: First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
- Trek equipment and gear. (Sleeping Bag/Inner/Mattress Tents/Kitchen tent/dinning tent).
- Transport from your destination to Manali by flight/train/bus.
- Personal expenses like mineral water, laundry, tip etc.
- Local sightseeing in Manali apart from the trek itinerary.
- Food During the Transit.
- GST@ 5.0%.
Manali to Solang 2480 m (3 to 4hrs)
Today you will start your trek from Manali via village old Manali, Shanag, Goshal and Burua along the right bank of Beas river. It is a wonderful experience to walk through the villages, see their houses & talk to them and exchange views.
Solang to Gujjar Thatch 2910 m (4 to 5 hrs)
It is total 8 km trek via a place called Dhundhi and after that it’s a little uphill walk till Gujjar Thatch. It’s a spectacular view of Mount Deo Tibba (6001 m) and Indrasan (6223 m) from the flat ground of Dhundhi. Dhundh means “Fog”. In the evening camp fire.
Gujjar Thatch to Lady leg 3890 m (5 to 6 hrs)
Today an early starts from the camp to the camp-1 of Friendship peak or lady leg. A gradual walk will take us, along with the right side of Beas River up to the bottom of lady leg. After that a steep ascent to the top of lady leg, from the camp one can see a lot of wonderful views of Baker Thatch. Seven sisters’ peak, Mount Mukut and Hanuman Tibba peak and glacier.
Lady Leg to Friendship Peak Shoulder 5010m (5 to 6hrs)
An early start from the camp with packed lunch will take us to the Friendship peak glacier. It is a gradual ascent. During this day one can have a chance to walk on glacier, where we will see different features of a glacier, like moraine, crevasses corneas & ice etc. After that a little technical climb up to the shoulder of the peak. It is an unbelievable view of the whole Manali valley from the shoulder.
Lady Leg to Manali
It will be 4 to 5 hrs descending to Solang valley and from there we will take jeep to Manali, which is 14 km from Solang. Evening will spend on exploring the town & camp fire.
Departure from Manali
After Breakfast Checkout from hotel or camp. We thank you for your patronage and ensures a punctual transfer for your onward Destination.
- Back pack & rain cover (50 - 60 ltr) with comfortable shoulder straps
- Day pack + rain cover 20 - 30 ltr (If hire a mule or porter)
- At least one Walking stick
- Torch with spare cells
- Writing material
- 1 hydration pack and 1 bottle of one liter
- Carry at least one thermos flask
- Snacks Energy bars, dry fruits, electralors
- Personal Medical Kit Consult your doctor
- T-shirt 2 Full sleeves (Non-cotton)
- Fleece T-shirts 1 No.
- Fleece jacket 1 No. (Alternative: a woollen sweater)
- Down feather / Hollofil jacket 1 No.
- Wind & waterproof (jacket & pant) 1 Pair
- Thermal inners (upper and lower) 1 Pair
- Trek pants 2 Synthetic (avoid shorts, fitting denims, capris)
- Poncho 1 No.
- Sunscreen cream and Hand sanitizer
- Moisturiser Antibacterial powder
- Toilet Paper & wipes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Lip balm
- Floaters/flip-flops 1 Pair (Optional)
- Cotton socks 5 pairs
- Woollen socks 3 pairs
- Waterproof gloves 1 Pair
- Fleece/woollen gloves 1 Pair
- Quick dry towel
- Sun cap 1 No. (One that covers the neck as well)
- Woolen cap 1 No.
- Neck-gaiters 1 No.
- Sunglasses Dark with side cover, it should be U/V protected.
- People who wear spectacles-
(A)- Use contact lenses.
(B)- Photo chromatic glasses.
- Trekking shoes 1 Pair (Waterproof, high ankle with good grip)
- Itinerary is subject to change due to enough accumulation/ volume of snow on the trek at higher camps and other natural calamities & circumstances. In this condition, optional routes itinerary will be given/followed at the happening point.
- In case of changes in routes and properties, company will accept no liability but make arrangements for substitution of equal measure.
- In case of accident, illness, injury or miss happening, Company will accept no liability or its staff wholly or partially, responsible for the same.
- In case of Loss or Damage of equipment’s issued participant has to pay the cost for the same.
Please note that this is an outdoor and adventure trip and to enjoy such trips, one requires being reasonably fit both physically and mentally, along with a previous experience of outdoors. On the other side the trips are carried out in some of the most amazing and extraordinary locations and in very special times such as winter and at the same time they do provide a bit of challenge to our endurance, fitness and our ability to cope with some adverse conditions. Though we will provide the best equipment and manpower, and do our best to leave no stone unturned. But still before taking up this trip we want to make very clear that nothing is certain in trips like this. Such as bad weather and cold and other logistical uncertainties such as power cut and water supply cut etc. Though we will try to do our best to provide water by buckets and lights by solar batteries etc. but still before signing up one should be experienced enough to carry himself or herself in outdoor conditions and well aware of these uncertainties and hence cooperate if any such situation arises due to the reasons beyond human control.
As the services to be provided are booked several months in advance, cancellation of such services are marked for a particular departure results in the Company losing money depending upon the time of cancellation to the Supplier. Therefore any cancellation of tour / services booked will attract cancellation charges as specified by the company.
30 days before departure date - 25% of tour cost
29-14 days before departure date - 50% of tour cost
13-7 days before departure date - 60% of tour cost
6-2 days before departure date - 75% of tour cost
48 hours prior to tour departure - 100% of tour cost