ORGANIC LIVING CHANDRAKHANI PASS
Experience traditional Indian living in the lap of nature. Chandrakhani Pass trek can be categorised as mild trekking that provides an excellent insight into the traditions of this valley. The sight of Pir Panjal range to the North and the smaller Shivaliks to the South is quite potent from this Pass
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Extreme
Group Size Medium Group
The Chandrakhani Pass is known for the beauty it possesses and is a decent base for making a trek journey. Chandrakhani is 3600m above sea level and offers magnificent sights while on the trial along with the marvellous sights of the Deo Tibba peak, Pir Panjal and Parbati mountain ranges. The trek normally starts from the village of Naggar located just 21 kms away from the town of Manali. The sight of Pir Panjal range to the North and the smaller Shivaliks to the South is quite potent from this Pass. The Chandrakhani Pass trek can be categorized as mild trekking that provides an excellent insight into the traditions of this valley.
The Program Highlights of:
- Village Visit
- Farm Visits
Best Season: August to October
Trip Type: Rural
Batch Size: 15 Persons
Trip Grade: Extreme
Trip Duration: 08 Night / 9 Days
Highest Points: 5242 Meters(Top)
- Transport: Pick up from Delhi Airport/ railway station and Return back.
- Meals while on trek (Veg./Non-veg).
- All necessary entry fees and permits.
- Accommodation in Manali hotel on Double and Triple sharing basis with meals-fixed menu. Room heater will be based on the availability of power though we will provide the firewood in the sitting room in the evenings.
- Hotel, homestay or camping during Trek.
- Transportation during Trip.
- Solar lights and fire in the dinning and socializing room, common toilet facility, Bucket water for washing etc.
- Qualified & mountaineering certified trek Leader, Guide and Support staff.
- Emergency Backup: First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
- Trek equipment and gear. (Sleeping Bag/Inner/Mattress Tents/Kitchen tent/dinning tent).
- All State Permits and toll taxes.
- Transport from Mumbai to Delhi and back by train/flight.
- Personal expenses like mineral water, laundry, tip etc.
- Local sightseeing apart from the trek itinerary.
- GST @ 5.0 %.
Arrive at Delhi Airport/Railway Station
AC Volvo from the meeting points in Delhi will start at 6:00 p.m. Within 12-13 hours, you will reach Manali. Over night journey in AC Volvo.
After 12-13 hours of arduous Volvo journey, traveller will reach Manali by morning. On arrival, traveller will be transferred to the hotel & then group formation. Post lunch introduction to Jungle Activities, rock craft introduction and in the evening film on mountaineering. Over night stay at the hotel.
Manali - Naggar - Rumsu - Ganachalani (2700 mts/8856 ft) (15 kms/ 5-6 hrs)
Early morning Vehicle Will transfer you to Naggar (21 kms). From Naggar the trail leads along the main bridle path for 1 km before branching uphill to the village of Rumsu. There is an ancient wooden temple with close ties to the temples dedicated to Jamlu in Malana. You will spend some time in Village further trekkers will follow a trail to reach Ganachalani. Dinner & over night stay in Camp.
Ganachalani - Celanti (3500 mts/11480 ft) (12 kms/4-5 hrs)
After Breakfast you will start trekking from Ganachalani ascends through the forest for 4 kms to a series of open alpine meadows. You can have fine views extend up the Kullu valley to Manali and the Pir Panjal Range and across to the Bara Bhangal Range. After having Pack lunch start trekking to Celanti. Dinner & over night stay in camp.
Celanti - Chandrakhani Pass (3650 mts/11972 ft) - Dadru (3000 mts/9840 ft) (15 kms/6 hrs)
This day you will start early to reach Pass in order to enjoy magnificent views. Its an hour trek to the pass from Cerlanti to Chandrakhani Pass. You can have magnificent view of Ghalpo Peaks of Lahaul- Dharamsura (6446 m) and Papsura (6451 m) and after spending and hour start trek to Dadru Dinner & over night stay in camps.
Dadru - Malana (2650 mts/8692 ft) (8 kms/ 2-3 hrs)
Morning after Breakfast start trek From Dadru continue along the Malana River until you reach a bridge over the Malana River and Continue trekking to the village of Malana. Malana is an isolated village community with around 50 families. It has its own language, customs, and laws and is governed by village elders. Dinner & over night stay in Camp.
Malana - Jari (1520 mts/4986 ft) (20 kms/ 4-5 hrs)
Early Morning after breakfast start descending From Malana to Jari. After reach trekkers will pitch the camp. Dinner & over night stay in camp.
Jari - Manali (6 hrs drive)
After early breakfast you will drive to Manali, this will take about 6 hours. Dinner & over night stay in the hotel/Camp.
Manali - Delhi (525 kms/12-14 hrs)
Take a half day sight seeing and in the evening drive to Delhi by AC Volvo coach and Over night journey. Move in Souls thanks you for your patronage and ensures a punctual transfer for your onward Destination. Organic Living – Chandrakhani Pass event ends here.
- Itinerary is subject to change due to enough accumulation/ volume of snow on the trek at higher camps and other natural calamities & circumstances. In this condition, optional routes itinerary will be given/followed at the happening point.
- In case of changes in routes and properties, company will accept no liability but make arrangements for substitution of equal measure.
- In case of accident, illness, injury or miss happening, Company will accept no liability or its staff wholly or partially, responsible for the same.
- In case of Loss or Damage of equipment issued participant has to pay the cost for the same.
- Loose clothing with full sleeves two pairs
- Writing material
- Thick Pullover (2numbers)
- Antiseptic/ Sunburn cream
- Camera and rolls
- Knee cap & band – aid
- Torch with spare cells
- Sports shoes
- Water bottle
- Sun hat
- Snow/Sun goggles
As the services to be provided are booked several months in advance, cancellation of such services are marked for a particular departure results in the Company losing money depending upon the time of cancellation to the Supplier. Therefore any cancellation of tour / services booked will attract cancellation charges as specified by the company.
30 days before departure date - 25% of tour cost
29-14 days before departure date - 50% of tour cost
13-7 days before departure date - 60% of tour cost
6-2 days before departure date - 75% of tour cost
48 hours prior to tour departure - 100% of tour cost