PHOTOGRAPHY DHAULADHAR TREK
Created an amazing event for those Photographers who travel to capture Himalayan Culture and Their Lifestyle.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
The Dhauladhar mountain range is a branch of the Himalayan mountain chain extending from Chamba, Kangra towards Mandi in Himachal Pradesh. Dhauladhar is the southern branch of the main outer Himalayan mountain range. The Dhauladhars have a peculiar topography with extremely Rocky Mountains consisting of lot of granite. On the other hand the range also contains lot of slate, limestone and sandstones. Therefore if anyone decides to ascend from any side would be a risky proposition, given the vertical inclination.
The program consists of:
- Tribal Village Visit
- Talks and Discussion on Himalayas
Best Season: May, June, August and Mid October
Trip Type: Adventurous
Batch Size: 06 Persons
Trip Grade: Moderate
Trip Duration: 07 Nights/ 08 Days
Highest Points: 3500mts
Highest Camping Points: 3500mts
- Transportation by Small Vehicle from Delhi / Mcleodganj Railway Station and drop back.
- Meals while on trek (Veg./Non-veg).
- All necessary entry fees and permits.
- Accommodation in tents on Double and Triple sharing basis with meals-fixed menu. Room heater will be based on the availability of power though we will provide the firewood in the sitting room in the evenings.
- Hotel, homestay or camping during Trek.
- Transportation during Trek.
- Solar lights and fire in the dinning and socializing room, common toilet facility, Bucket water for washing etc.
- Qualified & mountaineering certified trek Leader, Guide and Support staff.
- Emergency Backup: First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
- Trek equipment and gear. (Sleeping Bag/Inner/Mattress Tents/Kitchen tent/dinning tent).
- All State Permits and toll taxes.
- Transport from Mumbai to Delhi and back by train/flight.
- Personal expenses like mineral water, laundry, tip etc.
- Local sightseeing apart from the trek itinerary.
- GST @ 5.0 %.
Delhi - Mcleodganj – Triund (477kms/9hrs) – 9km
AC Volvo from the meeting points in Delhi will start at 6:00 p.m. Over night Journey to reach Mcleodganj in AC Volvo.
Mcleodganj – Kareri village (2200m) – 14km
The trek goes through the pine forest and crosses several tribal villages on the way, Kareri is a gaddi tribal village. Over night stay in one of the village houses or in tents.
Kareri village – Kareri lake (3500m) – 14km
Trail goes through mixed forests of oak, Rhododendron and pine. First 2 km is a level walk and then there is steep ascent along Kareri nullah (stream) that has to be crossed over a number of times over improvised wooden bridges. Over night stay in tents at bank of Kareri lake.
Kareri lake – Bagga (2500m)
After a short ascent from the lake, is a steep descent through the forest to Bagga. Over night stay in tents.
Bagga – Rawa village (2100m) – 10 km.
The trail goes downhill through the forest. Rawa village is situated on the bank of a small river. Over night stay in the village.
Rawa – Guna Devi temple (2600m) – 13km
It is a steep ascent through the forest to Guna devi temple, situated middle of the forest. This area is bird watchers paradise. Over night stay in temple complex or in tents.
Guna Devi – Triund (2675m) – 13km
After 2 km level walk there is steep ascent to Triund – a flat meadow on the top of a ridge. From Triund panoramic view of the peaks of Dhauladhar on one side and the Kangra valley on the other is awe- inspiring. Over night stay in forest rest house or tents.
Triund – Mcleodganj – 10 kms. Departure to Delhi.
After a restful evening and spending the night at one of our camps, we wake up fresh and after breakfast decent gradually towards Mcleodganj that is approx 10 kms gentle trek down wards. Reach Mcleodganj at noon and evening free at our own or take the evening bus to Delhi for onward journey. Move in Souls thanks you for your patronage and ensures a punctual transfer for your onward Destination. Photography Dhauladhar event ends here.
- Itinerary is subject to change due to enough accumulation/ volume of snow on the trek at higher camps and other natural calamities & circumstances. In this condition, optional routes itinerary will be given/followed at the happening point.
- In case of changes in routes and properties, company will accept no liability but make arrangements for substitution of equal measure.
- In case of accident, illness, injury or miss happening, Company will accept no liability or its staff wholly or partially, responsible for the same.
- In case of Loss or Damage of equipment issued participant has to pay the cost for the same.
- Loose clothing with full sleeves two pairs
- Writing material
- Thick Pullover (2numbers)
- Antiseptic/ Sunburn cream
- Camera and rolls
- Knee cap & band – aid
- Torch with spare cells
- Sports shoes
- Water bottle
- Sun hat
- Snow/Sun goggles
As the services to be provided are booked several months in advance, cancellation of such services are marked for a particular departure results in the Company losing money depending upon the time of cancellation to the Supplier. Therefore any cancellation of tour / services booked will attract cancellation charges as specified by the company.
30 days before departure date - 25% of tour cost
29-14 days before departure date - 50% of tour cost
13-7 days before departure date - 60% of tour cost
6-2 days before departure date - 75% of tour cost
48 hours prior to tour departure - 100% of tour cost