PIN PARVATI PASS TREK
The Pin Parvati Pass Trek is a thrilling challenges for any seasoned trekkers. It’s a long expedition that gives trekkers a massive dose of adventure, beauty & sense.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Medium Group
It is a popular trekking route today though still rarely visited. This trans-Himalayan trek is the shortest route between the Kullu and Spiti Valleys. Once over the Pin-Parvati pass (5319m), there is a complete change in landscape – the mountain slopes immediately turn barren and rugged. The prevalent culture of the inhabitants also changes from Hinduism on the Kullu side to Buddhism in Spiti.
The Program Highlights of:
Trek Facts :
Best Season: May To June – September To October
Area: Pin Parvati
Trip Type: Trekking
Batch Size: 10 Persons
Trip Duration: 12 Nights / 13 Days
Trip Grade: Moderate
Highest Points: Altitude 4300 meter
- Transport: From Manali hotel to trekking point and Return.
- Meals while on trek (Veg./Non-veg).
- All necessary entry fees and permits.
- Accommodation in Manali camp/hotel on Double and Triple sharing basis with meals-fixed menu.
- Camp stay during Trek.
- Solar lights and fire in the dinning and socializing room, common toilet facility, Bucket water for washing etc.
- Qualified & mountaineering certified trek Leader, Guide and Support staff.
- Emergency Backup: First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
- Trek equipment and gear. (Sleeping Bag/Inner/Mattress Tents/Kitchen tent/dinning tent).
- Transport from your destination to Manali by flight/train/bus.
- Personal expenses like mineral water, laundry, tip etc.
- Local sightseeing in Manali apart from the trek itinerary.
- Food during the Transit.
- GST@ 5.0%.
Arrival at Manali by morning. On arrival transfer to hotel for relaxation for a short time. At leisure visit Hadimba Devi Temple, old Manali, Tibetan Monastery. Over night stay in the hotel.
Manali - Manikaran - Barsheni - Khirganga (5 Hrs., 3020 M 9906 Ft)
Next morning drive to Manikaran and the trek starts from here. Khirganga is a hot spring, where Lord Shiva meditated long time ago. Over night stay in tent.
Khirganga - Tunda Bhuj (5 Hrs., 3285 M 10775 Ft)
The trek begins through condensed forests and flower—strewn meadows. The trek goes gradual and slow as it’s a steep climb to Tunda Bhuj. Over night stay in tent.
Tunda Bhuj - Thakur Kuan (6 Hrs., 3620 M L1874 Ft)
The trek goes on through landscape strewn with waterfalls, takes and meadows till Thakur Kuan. Over night stay in camp.
Thakur Kuan - Odi Thach (3800 M 12464 Ft)
It's another day of steep climb to reach the high altitude meadow of Odi Thach. Over night stay in camp.
Odi Thach - Mantalai Lake (8 Hrs., 4115 M 13498 Ft)
Trekking up to Mantalai Lake is a gradual climb. After reaching there, you can have the whole view of Mantalai Glacier, from which river Parvati is formed. On the same way, you will get see the Pandu Bridge, which is formed of a single rock over the river Parvati. It is said that the Pandavas made it during their exile in the Himalayas. Over night stay at Mantalai.
Mantalai — Base Of Pin Parvati Pass (7 Hrs., 4300 M 14105 Ft)
This day we will start climbing to the base camp of Mount Parvati which also serves as the base of the pass.
Base Of Pin Pass - Campsite Over Pin Pass (8 Hrs., 4110 M 134B0 Ft)
A steep climb takes you to Pin Pass campsite (5300m). At the top of a large snow filled, crevassed hollow leads to the broad rocky saddle of the pass. At the top, one can see a splendid view of the snowy mountains of Hampta region on one side and the Pin valley of Spiti on the other.
Campsite Over Pin Pass - Tiai (5 Hrs., 3700 M 12136 Ft)
Trek along the Pin river into the Pin Valley National park. Look out for the elusive snow leopards, musk deer and ibex. Further, we will walk to Tiai for an over night stay in camp.
Tiai - Mud (3650 Mts/11972 Ft) S Hrs
In the morning, we will trek through the barren, stark landscape of Spiti to Mud, a pretty village perched on a hillside.
Mud - dulling (6 Hrs)
Walk through the rough road up to Guiding with a grand view of the local villages and a barren land of the "middle country". A jeep will be waiting at Gutting and drive same day to Kaza. Over night in Kaza.
This day will be spent exploring kaza. Visit the Key Monastery, Kibber village, Dhankar Monastery &Tabo Monastery. Return Kaza for the night.
Kaza - Manali (8 Hrs)
Drive to the Kunzum Pass, which provides the main approach to Lahaul from Spiti. From there head to Manali via Keylong, Koksar and Rohtang Pass. Trip ends here.
- Back pack & rain cover (50 - 60 ltr) with comfortable shoulder straps
- Day pack + rain cover 20 - 30 ltr (If hire a mule or porter)
- At least one Walking stick
- Torch with spare cells
- Writing material
- 1 hydration pack and 1 bottle of one liter
- Carry at least one thermos flask
- Snacks Energy bars, dry fruits, electralors
- Personal Medical Kit Consult your doctor
- T-shirt 2 Full sleeves (Non-cotton)
- Fleece T-shirts 1 No.
- Fleece jacket 1 No. (Alternative: a woollen sweater)
- Down feather / Hollofil jacket 1 No.
- Wind & waterproof (jacket & pant) 1 Pair
- Thermal inners (upper and lower) 1 Pair
- Trek pants 2 Synthetic (avoid shorts, fitting denims, capris)
- Poncho 1 No.
- Sunscreen cream and Hand sanitizer
- Moisturiser Antibacterial powder
- Toilet Paper & wipes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Lip balm
- Floaters/flip-flops 1 Pair (Optional)
- Cotton socks 5 pairs
- Woollen socks 3 pairs
- Waterproof gloves 1 Pair
- Fleece/woollen gloves 1 Pair
- Quick dry towel
- Sun cap 1 No. (One that covers the neck as well)
- Woolen cap 1 No.
- Neck-gaiters 1 No.
- Sunglasses Dark with side cover, it should be U/V protected.
- People who wear spectacles-
(A)- Use contact lenses.
(B)- Photo chromatic glasses.
- Trekking shoes 1 Pair (Waterproof, high ankle with good grip)
- Itinerary is subject to change due to enough accumulation/ volume of snow on the trek at higher camps and other natural calamities & circumstances. In this condition, optional routes itinerary will be given/followed at the happening point.
- In case of changes in routes and properties, company will accept no liability but make arrangements for substitution of equal measure.
- In case of accident, illness, injury or miss happening, Company will accept no liability or its staff wholly or partially, responsible for the same.
- In case of Loss or Damage of equipment’s issued participant has to pay the cost for the same.
Please note that this is an outdoor and adventure trip and to enjoy such trips, one requires being reasonably fit both physically and mentally, along with a previous experience of outdoors. On the other side the trips are carried out in some of the most amazing and extraordinary locations and in very special times such as winter and at the same time they do provide a bit of challenge to our endurance, fitness and our ability to cope with some adverse conditions. Though we will provide the best equipment and manpower, and do our best to leave no stone unturned. But still before taking up this trip we want to make very clear that nothing is certain in trips like this. Such as bad weather and cold and other logistical uncertainties such as power cut and water supply cut etc. Though we will try to do our best to provide water by buckets and lights by solar batteries etc. but still before signing up one should be experienced enough to carry himself or herself in outdoor conditions and well aware of these uncertainties and hence cooperate if any such situation arises due to the reasons beyond human control.
As the services to be provided are booked several months in advance, cancellation of such services are marked for a particular departure results in the Company losing money depending upon the time of cancellation to the Supplier. Therefore any cancellation of tour / services booked will attract cancellation charges as specified by the company.
30 days before departure date - 25% of tour cost
29-14 days before departure date - 50% of tour cost
13-7 days before departure date - 60% of tour cost
6-2 days before departure date - 75% of tour cost
48 hours prior to tour departure - 100% of tour cost