SELF – DISCOVERY “PINDARI GLACIER TREK”
Abode of Himalayas self-discover oneself away from crowd in Pindari Glacier Trek
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeCamping, Trekking
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Medium Group
The Pindari Glacier Trek commences from Loharkhet at 1,760 meters and heads to Dhakuri at 2,680 meters, which is approximately 10 kilometers of trek and it takes round about 5-6 hours. It cuts through several untamed streams and the boulder ridden track moves through a thick forest that is strewed with varied species of Himalayan plants and trees.
Best Season: May To October
Area: Kumaon Hills (Uttarakhand)
Trip Type: Trekking
Altitude: 2,680 meters
Trekking distance: 41 kms approx
Type of accommodation: Tents/ Camp
Food: Breakfast/ Dinner, Nutritious food for trekking
- 09 Night’s accommodation on twin sharing basis.
- Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
- Meals while on trek (Himalayan Veg food )
- Trek equipments (Sleeping bag, mattress, Kitchen & dinning tent, crampon, utensils, tent)
- All necessary permits and entry fees.
- First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
- Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, Locals and Support staff.
- Transport from Kathgodam to Kathgodam.
- Any kind of personal expenses or optional tours/ extra meals ordered. Anything not specifically mentioned under the prices include.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls or any kind of drinks. Optional activities like Rafting.
Arrival at kathgodam/Nainital
Pick up from kathgodam/Nainital and drive to Bageshwar, on the way visit many rural villages, river and breathtaking view of mountain. Bageshwar is a amazing place for bird watching and scenic beauty , overnight at hotel
Bageshwar to Khati (Kharkiya followed by 4kms of trek to khati)
Early morning after breakfast , drive to kharkiya, motorable road till kharkiya , post which an easy trek takes you upto khati ( 2600m above sea level) , overnight at homestay, KMVN guest house/tents)
Khati to Dwali (Trek 11kms)
The trek will start after breakfast. It’s an easy trek along the Pindar River till dwali
Dwali to Phurkia (Trek 5 kms)
Dwali onwards is a 5km moderate trek till phurkia , on the way there are frozen streams, waterfalls and panoramic view of the majestic peaks. Phurkia is situated at 3250 mts above sea level. Overnight stay at Phurkia.
Phurkia to Zero point - Trek will start early morning (Trek 5 kms)
Zero point is situated 3,660 mts above sea level. You can visit Baba Ji's Cave, Samadhi STHAL and feel the mesmerizing energy. The pindari glacier with Himalayan peaks in the background is a spectacle to behold. It’s a once in a lifetime experience you wish would never end. Explore the Glacier and then back for overnight stay.
Zero point to Nandakund and back Phurkiya (Trek 15 kms)
Enjoy afternoon and evening exploring the forest around, explore offbeat beauty and panoramic view of Himalayas.
Phurkiya to Dwali (Trek 7 kms)
Explore forest and birding during the trek. Over night stay.
Dwali to Khati (Trek 7 kms Easy downhill trek )
Enjoy the beauty of Shivalik and take the photos of valley and rivers. Overnight stay at Khati.
Khati to Bageshwar (Trek 7 kms easy trek)
Check in the hotel and take rest, evening can visit Junna Akhara and local market. Overnight at Bageshwar.
Departure to Kathgodam railway station.
Drop at kathgodam railway station. Self-discovery “Pindari Glacier Trek” ends here. Go back to your resspective places with lifetime memory.
If you are planning for trekking at that time you need a check-list which you can follow at the time of bag pack
- Complete Research: The first step is the most important one as 100 things can go wrong during your trip and you have to be ready to handle each and every situation. So make a complete research like if you have to carry cutlery or not, type of stay and many other things.
- Test your fitness: In a journey there are many points where you feel sick so much. Be always prepared for every situation during trekking. You always have to prepare for freezing cold, acute mountain sickness. There are some place where there is shortage of oxygen at such a great heights will test your limit, time to prove how fit you are. You need lot of energy at the time of trekking. If you will feel now you can’t handle all the things, need not to think like this be mentally prepared. Also I would recommend you to do some stamina building activities.
- Number of days: Take some extra days, as you can’t trust on weather as any time you can face landslides, heavy rainfall, uncertain climate change and you have to stay there only without any option. So take some extra days also, don’t forget to have day off at some place to celebrate your success, Cheer up as its dream that comes true.
- Documents you must carry: Before going there you need to carry following documents like one photo ID- card.
- Clothes and accessories: As the weather can change any time you need to carry warm clothes and the following things
- Saddle bags/ Magnetic tank bag/ Luggage carrier
- Wind-cheaters, Jackets and pullovers
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Shoes with good grip, extra pair of socks,
- Sunglasses, caps or hats, sunscreen lotion and insect repellents
- Personal toiletries
- Water bottles etc
- First aid
- Bagpack and Daypack with comfortable straps and rain covers.
- Water bottles and high energy packaged food.
- Flashlight and headtorch.
- High ankle trekking shoes.
- Ropes and sticks.
- Wind and Water proof jackets and pants.
- Woolen sweaters.
- Thermal inners.
- Cotton tshirts.
- Trek pants.
- Woolen caps and mufflers.
- Woolen and cotton socks.
- Waterproof and woolen gloves.
- Soap and washes
- Sunscreen cream and Moisturizer
- Antibacterial powder
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Toilet Paper & wipes
- Quick dry towel
- Medicines like Paracetamol, Aspirin, Ciplox, Nimesulide, Citrizine, Benocide etc. (consult a doctor)
- Ointment like Moov or Volini.
- Anti-rash creams like Betnovet.
DON’T FOR TREK
- Don’t take valuable articles with you
- Don’t leave your garbage at camp site, take back all that you carry
- Don’t play music on your mobile, this disturbs Jungle silence
- Don’t take any shortcuts since that may cause you & others lot of trouble
- Don’t take alcoholic drinks, this can cause serious accident
- Don’t smoke, this too can cause Jungle fires as well as animals will run away due to strong smell
- Don’t wear flashy clothes, put one which matches natural colours
DO'S FOR TREK
- Study the location map and collect information from senior members or internet about the place
- Be a good team member, listen to what trek leader says
- Maintain discipline
- Observe for pugmarks
- Itinerary is subject to change due to enough accumulation/ volume of snow on the trek at higher camps and other natural calamities & circumstances. In this condition, optional routes itinerary will be given/followed at the happening point.
- In case of changes in routes and properties, company will accept no liability but make arrangements for substitution of equal measure.
- In case of accident, illness, injury or miss happening, Company will accept no liability or its staff wholly or partially, responsible for the same.
- In case of Loss or Damage of equipment issued participant has to pay the cost for the same.
Please note that this is an outdoor and adventure trip and to enjoy such trips, one requires being reasonably fit both physically and mentally, along with a previous experience of outdoors. On the other side the trips are carried out in some of the most amazing and extraordinary locations and in very special times such as winter and at the same time they do provide a bit of challenge to our endurance, fitness and our ability to cope with some adverse conditions. Though we will provide the best equipment and manpower, and do our best to leave no stone unturned. But still before taking up this trip we want to make very clear that nothing is certain in trips like this. Such as bad weather and cold and other logistical uncertainties such as power cut and water supply cut etc. Though we will try to do our best to provide water by buckets and lights by solar batteries etc. but still before signing up one should be experienced enough to carry himself or herself in outdoor conditions and well aware of these uncertainties and hence cooperate if any such situation arises due to the reasons beyond human control.
As the services to be provided are booked several months in advance, cancellation of such services are marked for a particular departure results in the Company losing money depending upon the time of cancellation to the Supplier. Therefore any cancellation of tour / services booked will attract cancellation charges as specified by the company.
30 days before departure date - 25% of tour cost
29-14 days before departure date - 50% of tour cost
13-7 days before departure date - 60% of tour cost
6-2 days before departure date - 75% of tour cost
48 hours prior to tour departure - 100% of tour cost