SELF – DISCOVERY “VALLEY OF FLOWERS TREK”
Spend some time with flora and fauna in Self-discovery Valley of flowers Trek. Feel the beauty of nature in your trek route. Spot animals like Asiatic black deer, snow leopard, musk deer, red fox, brown bear and blue sheep.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeCamping, Trekking
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Medium Group
Valley of flowers is popularly known for its diverse range of endemic flora and beauty. The region is also home to some rare and endangered animal species. You may spot animals like Asiatic black deer, snow leopard, musk deer, red fox, brown bear and blue sheep. Historically, the beauty of the place was unknown to world until in 1931, three British mountaineers came here. They lost their way and happened to discover this alluring valley and named it Valley of Flowers.
Best Season: July to August
Area: Garhwal Himalayas, Uttarakhand.
Trip Type: Trekking
Altitude: 3860 Mt
Trekking distance: 43 kms approx.
Type of accommodation: Tents/ Camp
Food: Breakfast/ dinner, Nutritious food for trekking
Temperature: 11°C - 23 °C
Trek Route: Well defined trail
- 05 Night’s accommodation on twin sharing basis
- Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
- Meals while on trek (Himalayan Veg food )
- Trek equipments (Sleeping bag, mattress, Kitchen & dinning tent, crampon, utensils, tent)
- All necessary permits and entry fees.
- First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
- Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, Locals and Support staff.
- Any kind of personal expenses or optional tours/ extra meals ordered. Anything not specifically mentioned under the prices include
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls any kind of drinks [Mineral, Aerated] Optional activities like Rafting.
Haridwar to Base Camp Joshimath
Arrive at Joshimath by 5 pm. (On your own) The Drive takes around 09 to 10 hours, from Haridwar/Dehradun/Rishikesh The cost of transportation of Haridwar to Joshimath is additional, and is to be paid to the driver directly. Overnight stay in hotel Joshimath.
Joshimath to Govindgath to Gangria
Joshimath to Govindgath 20 km drive takes 1 hour. Govindghat to Gangria 13 km trek. Trek time 05 to 06 hours. Hot lunch on the way. Do not miss the view of the Mt. Hathi from Bhyundar village. Expected arrival time at Gangria is 5 P.M. Dinner & overnight stay in hotel, Gangria.
Ghangria -Valley of Flowers - Ghangria
Today's trek covers a distance of minimum 9 km, both ways in 6 hours, an altitude from 3003 mt to 3860mt, an altitude gain of 850 mt. The trail goes along with the Puspawati river, and through a forest of Rhododendrons and Bhojpatra. Amazing view of Mt. Ghori and Rataban Peaks on the way. Dinner & Overnight stay in hotel, Ghangria.
Ghangria - Hemkund Sahib - Ghangria
The Day’s trek covers a total distance of 12 km, both ways in 6 hours, an altitude from 3003 mt to 4310 mt, an altitude gain of 1007 mt. The trek to Hemkund Sahib is rocky and well laid. It is a gentle but constant ascent to the Hemkund. Do not miss the view of the Mt. Neelkhanta and Saptashring from Hemkund Sahib. Dinner & overnight stay in hotel, Gangria.
Ghangria - GovindGhat - Joshimath
The trek Ghangria to Govindghat about 13 km, and will take 4 hours. The entire trail is downhill through the yatramarg of Hemkund sahib. There are many food outlets on the way, during the yatra season. Hot lunch on the way. You will reach Govindghat by 2 pm. Travel to Joshimath by car. It will take 1 hour to arrive Joshimath, check into hotel. Dinner & overnight stay in hotel, Joshimath.
Joshimath to Haridwar
We can arrange pick up from Joshimath to Haridwar, around 6 am. The drive takes around 09 to 10 hours.
If you are planning for trekking at that time you need a check-list which you can follow at the time of bag pack
- Complete Research: The first step is the most important one as 100 things can go wrong during your trip and you have to be ready to handle each and every situation. So make a complete research like if you have to carry cutlery or not, type of stay and many other things.
- Test your fitness: In a journey there are many points where you feel sick so much. Be always prepared for every situation during trekking. You always have to prepared for freezing cold, acute mountain sickness. There are some place where there is shortage of oxygen at such a great heights will test your limit, time to prove how fit you are. You need lot of energy at the time of trekking. If you will feel now you can’t handle all the things. Need not to think like this be mentally prepared. Also I would recommend you to do some stamina building activities.
- Number of days: Take some extra days, as you can’t trust on weather as any time you can face landslides, heavy rainfall, uncertain climate change and you have to stay there only without any option. So take some extra days also, don’t forget to have day off at some place to celebrate your success, Cheer up as its dream that comes true.
- Documents you must carry: Before going there you need to carry following documents like one photo ID- card.
- Clothes and accessories: As the weather can change any time you need to carry warm clothes and the following things
- Saddle bags/ Magnetic tank bag/ Luggage carrier
- Wind-cheaters, Jackets and pullovers
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Shoes with good grip, extra pair of socks,
- Sunglasses, caps or hats, sunscreen lotion and insect repellents
- Personal toiletries
- Water bottles etc
- First aid
- Bagpack and Daypack with comfortable straps and rain covers.
- Water bottles and high energy packaged food.
- Flashlight and headtorch.
- High ankle trekking shoes.
- Ropes and sticks.
- Wind and Water proof jackets and pants.
- Woolen sweaters.
- Thermal inners.
- Cotton tshirts.
- Trek pants.
- Woolen caps and mufflers.
- Woolen and cotton socks.
- Waterproof and woolen gloves.
- Soap and washes
- Sunscreen cream and Moisturizer
- Antibacterial powder
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Toilet Paper & wipes
- Quick dry towel
MEDICAL KIT :
- Medicines like Paracetamol, Aspirin, Ciplox, Nimesulide, Citrizine, Benocide etc. (consult a doctor)
- Ointment like Moov or Volini.
- Anti-rash creams like betnove.
DON’T FOR TREK
- Don’t take valuable articles with you.
- Don’t leave your garbage at camp site, take back all that you carry.
- Don’t play music on your mobile, this disturbs Jungle silence.
- Don’t take any shortcuts since that may cause you & others lot of trouble.
- Don’t take alcoholic drinks, this can cause serious accident.
- Don’t smoke, this too can cause Jungle fires as well as animals will run away due to strong smell.
- Don’t wear flashy clothes, put one which matches natural colors.
DO’S FOR TREK
- Study the location map and collect information from senior members or internet about the place.
- Be a good team member, listen to what trek leader says.
- Maintain discipline.
- Observe for pugmarks.
- Itinerary is subject to change due to enough accumulation/ volume of snow on the trek at higher camps and other natural calamities & circumstances. In this condition, optional route’s itinerary will be given/followed at the happening point.
- In case of changes in routes and properties, company will accept no liability but make arrangements for substitution of equal measure.
- In case of accident, illness, injury or miss happening, Company will accept no liability or its staff wholly or partially, responsible for the same.
- In case of Loss or Damage of equipment issued participant has to pay the cost for the same.
Please note that this is an outdoor and adventure trip and to enjoy such trips, one requires being reasonably fit both physically and mentally, along with a previous experience of outdoors. On the other side the trips are carried out in some of the most amazing and extraordinary locations and in very special times such as winter and at the same time they do provide a bit of challenge to our endurance, fitness and our ability to cope with some adverse conditions. Though we will provide the best equipment and manpower, and do our best to leave no stone unturned. But still before taking up this trip we want to make very clear that nothing is certain in trips like this. Such as bad weather and cold and other logistical uncertainties such as power cut and water supply cut etc. Though we will try to do our best to provide water by buckets and lights by solar batteries etc. but still before signing up one should be experienced enough to carry himself or herself in outdoor conditions and well aware of these uncertainties and hence cooperate if any such situation arises due to the reasons beyond human control.
As the services to be provided are booked several months in advance, cancellation of such services are marked for a particular departure results in the Company losing money depending upon the time of cancellation to the Supplier. Therefore any cancellation of tour / services booked will attract cancellation charges as specified by the company.
30 days before departure date - 25% of tour cost
29-14 days before departure date - 50% of tour cost
13-7 days before departure date - 60% of tour cost
6-2 days before departure date - 75% of tour cost
48 hours prior to tour departure - 100% of tour cost