TRAVEL SKETCHING TRANS HIMALAYA
We travel slow, we travel with a sketchbook in our handbag. Ready to pack your bags and travel with us?
Reviews 1 Review5/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Medium Group
The land of fairy tales and fantasies, has a spectacular terrain of lush green valley, orchards, vineyards, and snow clad peaks and cold desert mountains. It is a border district of Himachal Pradesh. Kinnaur is also rich in flora & fauna. The culture and language is different from other parts of the state. Kinnaur, the tribal district of Himachal Pradesh, lies 250 km away from Shimla, the capital of Himachal Pradesh and is situated on the NH - 22 (Hindustan Tibet Road). The landscape of the area varies from lush green orchards of the scenic Sangla Valley to the stark magnificence of the Hangrang Valley. The peak of Kinner Kailash dominates the massive snow clad ranges that provide a regal dignity to the scene. Kalpa is one of the biggest and beautiful villages of Kinnaur. One can enter Kinnaur district at Village Chshora and follow a straight-line road constructed in vertical rock and it is a rare treat to travel on this road that is a great engineering feat.
Situated at the height of 2758 m above the sea level and 110 km from Sarahan, Kalpa is a beautiful and main village of Kinnaur. Across the river faces the majestic mountains of the Kinner Kailash range. These are spectacular sights early in the morning as the rising sun touches the snowy peaks with crimson and golden light. Kalpa is famous for its Apples & Chilgoza Plantations a kind of Dry Fruits, which are found only in Iran & Turkey besides here. The tree belongs to the Pine Family & the fruit is in about an inch long soft cover.
The tree belongs to the Pine Family & the fruit is in about an inch long soft cover.
The Program Highlights of:
- Village Visit
- Glacier Visit
- Group Discussions
Best Season: June to October
Area: Kinnaur Valley
Trip Type: Safari
Batch Size: 15 Persons
Trip Grade: Moderate
Trip Duration: 09 Night / 10 Days
Note: The rates may change accordingly at the peak season mainly during Summer vacations, Diwali, Christmas & New Year.
- Transport: Chandigarh/Delhi Airport/ railway station and Return.
- Al Meals while travelling (Veg./Non-veg).
- All necessary entry fees.
- Accommodation in hotel on Double sharing basis with meals-fixed menu.
- Hotel, Camp or homestay during Trip.
- Transportation during Trip.
- Emergency Backup: First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
- All State Permits and toll taxes.
- Transport from Mumbai to Chandigarh/Delhi and back by train/flight.
- Personal expenses like mineral water, laundry, tip etc.
- Local sightseeing apart from the trip itinerary.
- GST @ 5.0 %.
Arrive at Chandigharh/Delhi to Shimla: (125 KM /4-7 Hrs)
Arrive at Chandigarh/Delhi Railway Station, drive to Shimla a drive of around 4 hours Reach Shimla evening free to explore. One hour Interaction session at tea time and know your Art Guru. After that free to freakout The Mall road. Over night stay at Hotel.
Shimla to Sangla: (230 KM / 8 – 9 Hrs)
Early morning meditation and after breakfast Drive to Sangla through the thick woods of Kufri, Fagu and Narkanda and along side the River Sutlej we stop on the way to sketch and capture photograph. Arive Sangla in the evening and check into Camp or hotel.
Sangla- Chhitkul- Sangla (40 KM / 3Hrs)
After Meditation & Breakfast, explore the vicinity around including an ancient Kamru Fort & Temple dedicated to the Goddess Kamakhya Devi that was brought from Assam & Nages God, we will capture the beauty of this place on our sketchpad. Post Lunch, excursion to Chitkul – a last Village on Old Indo – Tibetan Trade Route. Walk through green orchards & brilliant stream, take photographs and return back to Sangla for Dinner & Over night stay at camp and hotel.
Sangla - Kalpa
After Meditation & Breafkast, we will sketch for 2 hours, check out from the Hotel & drive to Kalpa – District Headquarter of Kinnaur & Post Lunch rest in Hotel & in evening visit to Buddhist Gompa – Hu Bu Lan Kar. We will sketch or paint here and return back to hotel. Over night stay at hotel or homestay.
Early morning enjoy the Sunrise over Kinnaur Kailash Peaks and sketch, paint or photograph pristine beauty. After breakfast visit to local School & Narayan Nagini Temple Complex, which has Shrines of Hindu, Buddhist & local Deities. Afternoon excursion trip to Roghi Village to explore the ‘Pahari’ Life and Interaction with the locals. Return back to Kalpa. Over night stay at hotel.
Kalpa to Tabo
In morning after breakfast check out from the hotel and drive to Tabo. Sketch on the way to Nako. Nako has a beautiful lake that freezes in the winter and villagers play ice hockey during this period and seeing the temple of Padamsambhava, the second incarnation of lord Buddha who made Buddhism popular in the Trans Himalayas. Later drive to Tabo. Over night stay at Camp near village.
Tabo to Kaza (106 km/4 hours) 3600m
After breakfast journey starts to witness the Ajanta of Himalayas the Tabo monastery. Tabo has the oldest caves on barren mountains and Thanka paintings, one of the most precious paintings of Buddhism. The day has a surprise where a visit to the village of 5oo years old mummy makes your journey exciting. Over night stay at Hotel at Kaza.
After breakfast excursion to Key monastery and Kibber village at an altitude of 4205mts here we will paint for 3 hours & can do detail discussion on water colour painting with Art Guru. After lunch a drive to the highest motorable road Langza and enroute visiting the Comik and Hikim village. Over night stay at Hotel at Kaza.
Kaza Kumzum La – Pass- Manali (188 KM / 8Hrs) 3340 Mtrs
After early Breakfast by 06:30 a.m. check out from the Hotel & drive to Manali via Kunzumla Pass that is 4590mts. highest pass on Spiti Lahaul Road. Rudyard Kipling said of the region “Surely the God live here this no place for Men”. Reach Manali in the evening. Enjoy barbeque at our magnificient campsite surrounded with high mountains. Over night stay at Camp.
Manali to Chandigharh/Delhi (320 KM / 08-12 Hrs)
We will enjoy freshly cooked cookies with scumptous coffee or tea in breakfast at Old Manali dragon Galli where we will do quick sketch of people, café or street. After that we will visit Hadimba and Manu temple where we will do quick photography and leave for camp. After lunch checkout from camp and drive to Chandigarh/Delhi. Drop at Chandigarh/Delhi Airport/Railway Station. Move in Souls thanks you for your patronage and ensures a punctual transfer for your onward Destination. Travel Sketching - Trans Himalaya event ends here.
- Itinerary is subject to change due to enough accumulation/ natural calamities & circumstances. In this conditions optional routes itinerary will be given/followed at the happening point.
- In case of changes in routes and properties, company will accept no liability but make arrangements for substitution of equal measure.
- In case of accident, illness, injury or miss happening, Company will accept no liability or its staff wholly or partially, responsible for the same.
- In case of Loss or Damage of equipment issued participant has to pay the cost for the same.
- Sketchbook (1, any cheap paper book , which you can use for practise , 2: any size most comfortable to you , preferably a paper which can take water colour and pencil both. or you can use papers for water colour uses )
- Colours ( water colour , tubes or pan/cakes )
- Brushes ( round 2, 4 , 6 flats 1cm 1.5 cm )( mop )
- pens and pencils ( 2b 4b 6b , crow quill , or a fountains pen with water resistant ink or uni ball eye, water proof /fade proof )
- Cutter or sharper
- Water proof ink ( black)
- Brush Pen ( optional)
- palette ( any small portable travel palette )
- masking tape ( half inch or 1 inch depending upon your sketchbook )
- Hard Board
- water bowl / palette cups ( any small cup or bowl )
- paper towels (or a washable old rag, piece of sponge )
- Few paper clips
- Spray Bottle
- One Sketching kit (a sketchbook, brush, sketching pencil & water colour cakes).