TRAVELOGUE – CULTURAL SANGLA
Let’s create travelogue of your journey to Himalayas.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Fairly Easy
Group Size Small Group
Sangla Valley is a part of Kinnaur and inhabited by KINNAURIS. The main livelihood is agriculture while apples are major cash crop here. The most significant achievement of this region is that this area boasts of growing the world's best quality apples. The weather along with the soil is both conducive to its exclusive and superior variety and quality. Apart of the population also depends on tourism. The valley remains closed for six months during winter (from December till may) when the snowfall is heavy. The old Indo-Tibet road connects Sangla to The National Highway 22 at Karcham.
The Program Highlights of:
- Village Visit
- Group Discussions
Trip Facts :
Best Season: May to October
Area: Sangla Valley
Trip Type: Cultural
Batch Size: 06 Persons
Trip Duration: 05 Night / 06 Days
Trip Level: Fairly easy
- Transport: Chandigarh/Delhi Airport/railway station and Return.
- Al Meals while travelling (Veg./Non-veg).
- All necessary entry fees.
- Accommodation in hotel on Double sharing basis with meals-fixed menu.
- Hotel, Camp or homestay during Trip.
- Transportation during Trip.
- Emergency Backup: First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
- All State Permits and toll taxes.
- One Sketching kit (a sketchbook or scrapbook, brush, sketching pencil & water colour cakes).
- Transport from Mumbai to Chandigarh/Delhi and back by train/flight.
- Personal expenses like mineral water, laundry, tip etc.
- Local sightseeing apart from the trip.
- GST @ 5.0 %.
Arrive at Chandigarh/Delhi to Shimla
Report at Chandigarh/Delhi Railway Station/Airport meet our representative and further Drive to Shimla by our vehicle, lunch enroute, reach Shimla check-in Hotel. In the evening one hour Interaction session at tea time and first session to learn how to make travelogue. Walk at mall road and quick sketching. dinner, over night stay at hotel in Shimla.
Shimla – Sangla
After early morning meditation and breakfast drive to Sangla enroute visit Sarahan renowned Bhimakali Temple known for its Architecture, capture photograph or sketch. After lunch drive to Sangla via Karcham. Journey from here will take you to another spectacular destination in the central Himalayas also known as Baspa valley – the prettiest valley in Himachal. Arrive at Sangla & Check-in Camp or hotel. Post Lunch explore the camp surrounding. Dinner, campfire & over night stay.
Sangla – Chitkul – Sangla (3 hours/40 km) hrs
After early morning meditation and Breakfast, explore the vicinity around including an ancient Kamru fort & temple dedicated to the goddess Kamakhya Devi that was brought from Assam. Post lunch, excursion to chitkul – the last village on the old Indo – Tibetan trade route. Walk through green orchards & beautiful streams. In the evening 1hr Interaction session at tea time and second session to learn how to make travelogue. Return back to the camp for dinner & over night stay.
Sangla – Kalpa – Sangla (4 hours /49 km.) 2670 Mtrs
After Meditation and Breakfast, check out from the Camp, Sangla & drive to Kalpa, via Reckong Peo, the District Headquarter of Kinnaur. Arrive at Kalpa & Check in to your Hotel. Post Lunch rest in the Hotel and in the evening visit a Buddhist Gompa. Dinner and over night stay at hotel.
Kalpa - Mashobra
After Meditation & Breakfast drive from kalpa to Mashobra a drive of around 8 hours reach Mashobra. Over night stay at Hotel.
Mashobra – Chandigarh
After Meditation, capture the photograph of early morning sunrise. After breakfast drive to Shimla and further to Chandigarh or Delhi. Move in Souls thanks you for your patronage and ensures a punctual transfer for your onward Destination Travelogue – Cultural Sangla event ends here.
Hotels, Resorts, Camps.
- Itinerary is subject to change due to enough accumulation/ volume of snow on the trip at higher camps and other natural calamities & circumstances. In this condition, optional routes itinerary will be given/followed at the happening point.
- In case of changes in routes and properties, company will accept no liability but make arrangements for substitution of equal measure.
- In case of accident, illness, injury or miss happening, Company will accept no liability or its staff wholly or partially, responsible for the same.
- In case of Loss or Damage of equipments issued participant has to pay the cost for the same.
- Loose clothing with full sleeves two pairs
- Writing material
- Thick Pullover (2numbers)
- Antiseptic/ Sunburn cream
- Camera and rolls
- Knee cap & band – aid
- Torch with spare cells
- Sports shoes
- Water bottle
- Sun hat
- Snow/Sun goggles