TRAVELOGUE DHUNDI BEAS KUND TREK
How about sketching, painting, photography and writing while trekking to the mountains?
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Fairly Easy
Group Size Medium Group
DHUNDI BEAS KUND TREK
The Beas Kund trek starts from Manali, a beautiful hill station and will further take you to the famous Solang valley, which is 13 km from Manali. It is a well-acknowledged tourist destination for paragliding, skiing etc. You will find lush green meadows, beautiful glaciers and snow-covered mountain peaks throughout the track. Cross through Dhundi and Bakarthach to reach the Beas Kund glacier, also known as the birthplace of the Beas River.
The Program Highlights of:
- Village Visit
- Glacier Visit
- Group Sketching
- Group Discussions
Trek Facts :
Best Season: May to June/Sep. to Oct.
Trip Type: Art & Cultural
Batch Size: 20 Persons
Trip Grade: Fairly Easy
Trip Duration: 06 Nights / 07 Days
Highest Point: 3650 mts(Top)
Highest Camping Point:3300mts
- Transport: Pick up from Chandigarh Airport railway station and Return back.
- Meals while on trek (Veg./Non-veg).
- All necessary entry fees.
- Accommodation in Manali Camp on Double and Triple sharing basis with meals-fixed menu.
- Hotel, homestay or camping during Trek.
- Transportation during Trip.
- Solar lights and fire in the dinning and socializing room, common toilet facility, Bucket water for washing etc.
- Qualified & mountaineering certified trek Leader, Guide and Support staff.
- Emergency Backup: First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
- Trek equipment and gear. (Sleeping Bag/Inner/Mattress Tents/Kitchen tent/dinning tent).
- All State Permits and toll taxes.
- Transport from Mumbai to Chandigarh and back by train/flight/bus.
- Personal expenses like mineral water, laundry, tip etc.
- Local sightseeing apart from the trek itinerary.
- GST @ 5.0 %.
Arrival at Chandigarh
Report at Chandigarh Railway Station/Airport meets our representative. AC Volvo from the meeting point in Chandigarh will start at 11:30 p.m. Within 12-13 hours, you will reach Manali. Over night journey in AC Volvo Bus.
Reach Manali, pickup from Volvo Stand and drop to camp. Half day rest and in the evening acclimatization walk to Jogani waterfall and Vashisht followed by bornfire, dinner and over night stay at camp.
Manali – Solang Nallah - Dhundi (3150 Mts/10332 Ft)
In the morning after breakfast drive to Solang Nallah enroute visit to Goshal Village, The Hidden Beauty in Manali you will be visiting ancient Himalayan Houses after spending 2 hours sketching and quick photography there, we will reach Solang Nallah, from there we will trek to Dhundi. Set out camp for over night stay.
Dhundi - Bakarthach (3300 Mts/10824 Ft) 3 Hrs
Enjoy early morning tea, sketch & photograph for 2 hours. After breakfast, we will gradually ascending from the valley, the trail continues to the scenic campsite at Bakarthach. In the evening group discussion on art and travelogue. Dinner and over night stay in camp.
Bakarthach - Beas Kund (3650 Mts/11972 Ft) – Bakarthach 5 Hrs
After breakfast trek to the small lake at Beas Kund, the birth place of the river Beas. After painting and photography today we will learn how to create travelogue. After spending some time at Beas Kund, trace the path back to Bakarthach. Dinner and over night stay in camp.
Bakarthach - Dhundi - Manali – Hamta 3 Hrs
Enjoy early morning tea, sketch & photograph for 2 hours. After breakfast today we will trek up to Dhundi and from here we will drive to Hamta Valley. Enjoy evening with music and bone fire followed by barbeque and cooking meal on clay. over night stay in tents.
Manali to Chandigharh/Delhi (320 KM / 08-12 Hrs)
After breakfast we will checkout from camp and visit to Hadimba and Manu temple where we will do quick photography. We will enjoy freshly cooked cookies at old Manali dragon Galli where we will do quick sketch of people, café or street. We will leave you in mall road for 3 hours for lunch and shopping (at your own cost). Drop at Chandigarh Airport/Railway Station. Move in Souls thanks you for your patronage and ensures a punctual transfer for your onward Destination. Travelogue– Dhundi Beas Kund Trek event ends here.
“Camping is nature's way of teaching life’s lesson”
- Back pack & rain cover (50 - 60 ltr) with comfortable shoulder straps
- Day pack + rain cover 20 - 30 ltr (If hire a mule or porter)
- At least one Walking stick
- Torch with spare cells
- Writing material
- 1 hydration pack and 1 bottle of one liter
- Carry at least one thermos flask
- Snacks Energy bars, dry fruits, electralors
- Personal Medical Kit Consult your doctor
- T-shirt 2 Full sleeves (Non-cotton)
- Fleece T-shirts 1 No.
- Fleece jacket 1 No. (Alternative: a woollen sweater)
- Down feather / Hollofil jacket 1 No.
- Wind & waterproof (jacket & pant) 1 Pair
- Thermal inners (upper and lower) 1 Pair
- Trek pants 2 Synthetic (avoid shorts, fitting denims, capris)
- Poncho 1 No.
- Sunscreen cream and Hand sanitizer
- Moisturiser Antibacterial powder
- Toilet Paper & wipes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Lip balm
- Floaters/flip-flops 1 Pair (Optional)
- Cotton socks 5 pairs
- Woollen socks 3 pairs
- Waterproof gloves 1 Pair
- Fleece/woollen gloves 1 Pair
- Quick dry towel
- Sun cap 1 No. (One that covers the neck as well)
- Woolen cap 1 No.
- Neck-gaiters 1 No.
- Sunglasses Dark with side cover, it should be U/V protected.
- People who wear spectacles-
(A)- Use contact lenses.
(B)- Photo chromatic glasses.
- Trekking shoes 1 Pair (Waterproof, high ankle with good grip)
- Itinerary is subject to change due to enough accumulation/ volume of snow on the trek at higher camps and other natural calamities & circumstances. In this condition, optional routes itinerary will be given/followed at the happening point.
- In case of changes in routes and properties, company will accept no liability but make arrangements for substitution of equal measure.
- In case of accident, illness, injury or miss happening, Company will accept no liability or its staff wholly or partially, responsible for the same.
- In case of Loss or Damage of equipment issued participant has to pay the cost for the same.
As the services to be provided are booked several months in advance, cancellation of such services are marked for a particular departure results in the Company losing money depending upon the time of cancellation to the Supplier. Therefore any cancellation of tour / services booked will attract cancellation charges as specified by the company.
30 days before departure date - 25% of tour cost
29-14 days before departure date - 50% of tour cost
13-7 days before departure date - 60% of tour cost
6-2 days before departure date - 75% of tour cost
48 hours prior to tour departure - 100% of tour cost