TREK TO SHANAGSHILLA VALLEY
Experience like never before! The most iconic waterfalls in the area, as you get closer to the falls, their attractive outflow and most impart a vibrancy of their own.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
The Shanagshilla Valley at an altitude of 11500ft. from where you can see mountains peaks (Friendship peak, Patalsu peak, Rohtang pass). Amazing trek starts from Behang. Perfect trekking valley for nature lover where you can capture photographs of waterfall, Himalayan flowers, Himalayan Strawberry, Shephered’s Trail.
The Program Highlights of:
Trek Facts :
Best Season: May To June / Sept. To Nov.
Trip Type: Trekking
Batch Size: 10 Persons
Trip Grade: Moderate
Region: Shanagshilla Valley
Highest Points: 11500Ft.
Trip Duration: 03 Nights / 04 Days
- Transport: Pick up from Manali Volvo stand and Return.
- Meals while on trek (Veg./Non-veg).
- All necessary entry fees and permits.
- Accommodation in Manali camp on Double and Triple sharing basis with meals-fixed menu.
- Camp stay during Trek.
- Solar lights and fire in the dinning and socializing room, common toilet facility, Bucket water for washing etc.
- Qualified & mountaineering certified trek Leader, Guide and Support staff.
- Emergency Backup: First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
- Trek equipment and gear. (Sleeping Bag/Inner/Mattress Tents/Kitchen tent/dinning tent).
- All State Permits and toll taxes.
- Transport from Mumbai to Manali and back by train/flight/bus.
- Personal expenses like mineral water, laundry, tip etc.
- Local sightseeing apart from the trek itinerary.
- GST@ 5.0 %.
Report at base camp Bahang situated near Govt. Sr. Sec. School, ( 5 Km from Manali on Leh highway ) before lunch. After briefing allotment of Tents followed by freshening up etc. and lunch. Afternoon river crossing activity. Over night camping.
Trek to JinnaRana Thatch (10km- 9500ft)
The trek consists gradual climb and gaining height upto 9500 Ft for reaching the thatch. Reach by lunch time. Over night camping.
Trek to JinnaRana Top (12 km. Alt. 11500 Ft.)
After breakfast we continue the height gaining to reach JinnaRana Top and passing through the forest of ’Bhogpatra’. From the top the view high peaks like Deo Tibba, Indersan, Ghappan peaks, passes like Rohtang, Hamta Chanderkhani and lakes like Bhrighu, Dushar, Chandertal is worth seeing. The area is under snow upto May and one has to take care while descending. Have fun on snow and spend whole day and back to camp in the afternoon. After Lunch Trek back to base camp via alternative route. Reach by evening time free for visiting Manali for Shopping etc. Over night camping.
Departure From Manali
After breakfast proceed for onward journey to your destinations.
The activity of spending a holiday living in the tent.
- Back pack & rain cover (50 - 60 ltr) with comfortable shoulder straps
- Day pack + rain cover 20 - 30 ltr (If hire a mule or porter)
- At least one Walking stick
- Torch with spare cells
- Writing material
- 1 hydration pack and 1 bottle of one liter
- Carry at least one thermos flask
- Snacks Energy bars, dry fruits, electralors
- Personal Medical Kit Consult your doctor
- T-shirt 2 Full sleeves (Non-cotton)
- Fleece T-shirts 1 No.
- Fleece jacket 1 No. (Alternative: a woollen sweater)
- Down feather / Hollofil jacket 1 No.
- Wind & waterproof (jacket & pant) 1 Pair
- Thermal inners (upper and lower) 1 Pair
- Trek pants 2 Synthetic (avoid shorts, fitting denims, capris)
- Poncho 1 No.
- Sunscreen cream and Hand sanitizer
- Moisturiser Antibacterial powder
- Toilet Paper & wipes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Lip balm
- Floaters/flip-flops 1 Pair (Optional)
- Cotton socks 5 pairs
- Woollen socks 3 pairs
- Waterproof gloves 1 Pair
- Fleece/woollen gloves 1 Pair
- Quick dry towel
- Sun cap 1 No. (One that covers the neck as well)
- Woolen cap 1 No.
- Neck-gaiters 1 No.
- Sunglasses Dark with side cover, it should be U/V protected.
- People who wear spectacles-
(A)- Use contact lenses.
(B)- Photo chromatic glasses.
- Trekking shoes 1 Pair (Waterproof, high ankle with good grip)
- Itinerary is subject to change due to enough accumulation/ volume of snow on the trek at higher camps and other natural calamities & circumstances. In this condition, optional routes itinerary will be given/followed at the happening point.
- In case of changes in routes and properties, company will accept no liability but make arrangements for substitution of equal measure.
- In case of accident, illness, injury or miss happening, Company will accept no liability or its staff wholly or partially, responsible for the same.
- In case of Loss or Damage of equipments issued participant has to pay the cost for the same.
Please note that this is an outdoor and adventure trip and to enjoy such trips, one requires being reasonably fit both physically and mentally, along with a previous experience of outdoors. On the other side the trips are carried out in some of the most amazing and extraordinary locations and in very special times such as winter and at the same time they do provide a bit of challenge to our endurance, fitness and our ability to cope with some adverse conditions. Though we will provide the best equipment and manpower, and do our best to leave no stone unturned. But still before taking up this trip we want to make very clear that nothing is certain in trips like this. Such as bad weather and cold and other logistical uncertainties such as power cut and water supply cut etc. Though we will try to do our best to provide water by buckets and lights by solar batteries etc. but still before signing up one should be experienced enough to carry himself or herself in outdoor conditions and well aware of these uncertainties and hence cooperate if any such situation arises due to the reasons beyond human control.
As the services to be provided are booked several months in advance, cancellation of such services are marked for a particular departure results in the Company losing money depending upon the time of cancellation to the Supplier. Therefore any cancellation of tour / services booked will attract cancellation charges as specified by the company.
30 days before departure date - 25% of tour cost
29-14 days before departure date - 50% of tour cost
13-7 days before departure date - 60% of tour cost
6-2 days before departure date - 75% of tour cost
48 hours prior to tour departure - 100% of tour cost