EXTREME CHALLENGE FRIENDSHIP PEAK EXPEDITION
True Himalayan style for Adventure lover. Event is designed to experience nature’s challenge while trekking.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Extreme
Group Size Medium Group
The Friendship Peak Expedition commences from Solang, a valley that is a couple of hours drive from Manali, located at an elevation of 2,050 meters. From Solang, one will have to trek uphill till Bakarthach (3050 m), after passing through the lush green valley and thick forest. Further, the trek will continue to the base camps- I & II of the Friendship Peak. All the action starts on the trail from base camp II as trekking will have to climb over the thick bed of snow and follows to the summit. After that, the journey follows a gradual trek downhill towards Bakarthach and further leads down to Solang and ends at Manali.
The Program Highlights of:
- Glacier walk
- Crevasses crossing
Best Season: August to October
Trip Type: Adventurous
Batch Size: 15 Persons
Trip Grade: Extreme
Trip Duration: 09 Nights / 10 Days
Highest Points: 5242 Mts(Top)
- Transport: Pick up from Delhi Airport/ Delhi railway station and Return.
- Meals while on trek (Veg./Non-veg).
- All necessary entry fees and permits.
- Accommodation in Manali hotel on Double and Triple sharing basis with meals-fixed menu. Room heater will be based on the availability of power though we will provide the firewood in the sitting room in the evenings.
- Hotel, home stay or camping during Trek.
- Transportation during Trip.
- Solar lights and fire in the dinning and socializing room, common toilet facility, Bucket water for washing etc.
- Qualified & mountaineering certified trek Leader, Guide and Support staff.
- Emergency Backup: First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
- Trek equipment and gear. (Sleeping Bag/Inner/Mattress Tents/Kitchen tent/dinning tent).
- All State Permits and toll taxes.
- Transport from Mumbai to Delhi and back by train/flight.
- Personal expenses like mineral water, laundry, tip etc.
- Local sightseeing apart from the trek itinerary.
- GST @ 5.0 %.
Arrive at Delhi Airport/Railway Station
AC Volvo from the meeting points in Delhi will start at 6:00 p.m. Within 12-13 hours, you will reach Manali. Over night journey in AC Volvo Bus.
After 12-13 hours of arduous Volvo journey, traveller will reach Manali by morning. On arrival, traveller will be transferred to the hotel & then group formation. Post lunch introduction to Jungle Activities, rock craft introduction and in the evening film on mountaineering. Over night stay at the hotel.
Manali -Solang Nala – Bakarthach (3500 mts/11480 fts)
Early morning, a jeep will transfer you to Solang Valley, you will check in a hotel. After breakfast at Solang Valley hotel, load your baggage into vehicles, followed by a departure to the starting point of the trek, Dundi. On this day, you will travel till Bakerthach via Palchani Tach. Reach Bakarthach Trekkers can explore Bakerthach. Dinner is served in the Bakerthach camps.
Bakartach Camp - Beas Kund Base Camp (3690 mts/12288 fits)
After breakfast, trekkers will start trekking to the first base camp, Beas Kund, Beas Kund is a known stopover point for many other trekking trails like Shitidhar, Ladakhi, Manali. The trek takes you to the Base camp while passing by the Beas Kund Glacier. Lunch and dinner will be served at the camp in Beas Kund. Over night stay at the camp.
Full day in Beas Kund Base Camp
After breakfast, trekker will attend a training session in which they will be told about equipment and their usage. In this training course, our Leaders will prepare you to brave to the snow glaciers, which you might cross in coming days. Time is allowed to get used to the climbing gear and climbing boots. After the training sessions, you will go for lunch, followed by packing for the advance camping. Dinner and over night stay in the Beas Kund camp.
Base camp - Advance camp
After breakfast, you will trek uphill for approximately 4-5 hours to the advance base camp. Amidst the mountain ranges, the location of the advanced base camp is picturesque. Trekkers will set their tents. From the advanced base campsite, one can see the view of the beautiful ranges like Hanuman Tibba, Maker Beh, Shiker Beh and the grandest Friendship peak. Dinner and over night stay in the advanced base camp.
Reserved day for summit attempts – Bakarthach(5165 mts/17200 fts).
Early morning, around 3 AM, the journey to the peak will start. From the base camp, you will have to walk for 6 hours to reach the summit. It will be a steep trek; you will pass through glaciers, snow peak and cross various crevasses. If everything goes as planned, trekkers will be able to reach the summit by 9 in the morning. You can have uninterrupted view of neighbouring mountains, towns like Lahaul & Spiti and Manali. After spending some time at the summit, tourist will go back to the advanced base camp for lunch. Following lunch, they will trek downhill till Bakarthach camp. Over night stay in Bakarthach camp.
Back to Manali
Return the same way to civilization. After breakfast trekkers will descend to the starting point of the trek, Dhundi. From Dhundi, a four-tier vehicle will take you to Manali. After lunch, you will get an opportunity to explore Manali. A dinner is arranged at the Manali hotel where you are staying.
Manali and Delhi
On a ninth day, tourist can explore Manali. At 04:30 PM, AC Volvo will arrive at the hotel, which will take you back to Delhi. Over night journey in Volvo.
Arrival in Delhi in the early morning, the adventure of the Friend's peak trekking comes to an end. Move in Souls thanks you for your patronage and ensures a punctual transfer for your onward Destination.
- Itinerary is subject to change due to enough accumulation/ volume of snow on the trek at higher camps and other natural calamities & circumstances. In this condition, optional routes itinerary will be given/followed at the happening point.
- In case of changes in routes and properties, company will accept no liability but make arrangements for substitution of equal measure.
- In case of accident, illness, injury or miss happening, Company will accept no liability or its staff wholly or partially, responsible for the same.
- In case of Loss or Damage of equipment’s issued participant has to pay the cost for the same.
Please note that this is an outdoor and adventure trip and to enjoy such trips, one requires being reasonably fit both physically and mentally, along with a previous experience of outdoors. On the other side the trips are carried out in some of the most amazing and extraordinary locations and in very special times such as winter and at the same time they do provide a bit of challenge to our endurance, fitness and our ability to cope with some adverse conditions. Though we will provide the best equipment and manpower, and do our best to leave no stone unturned. But still before taking up this trip we want to make very clear that nothing is certain in trips like this. Such as bad weather and cold and other logistical uncertainties such as power cut and water supply cut etc. Though we will try to do our best to provide water by buckets and lights by solar batteries etc. but still before signing up one should be experienced enough to carry himself or herself in outdoor conditions and well aware of these uncertainties and hence cooperate if any such situation arises due to the reasons beyond human control.
- Loose clothing with full sleeves two pairs
- Writing material
- Thick Pullover (2numbers)
- Antiseptic/ Sunburn cream
- Camera and rolls
- Knee cap & band – aid
- Torch with spare cells
- Sports shoes
- Water bottle
- Sun hat
- Snow/Sun goggles
As the services to be provided are booked several months in advance, cancellation of such services are marked for a particular departure results in the Company losing money depending upon the time of cancellation to the Supplier. Therefore any cancellation of tour / services booked will attract cancellation charges as specified by the company.
30 days before departure date - 25% of tour cost
29-14 days before departure date - 50% of tour cost
13-7 days before departure date - 60% of tour cost
6-2 days before departure date - 75% of tour cost
48 hours prior to tour departure - 100% of tour cost